I am an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice. I am also a UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor. I have over 15 years experience as a professional counsellor and supervisor and have trained in a number of different therapeutic approaches.
My formal qualifications and further training include:-
- MA in Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapeutic Practice: Karuna Institute
- Graduation Diploma in Core Process Psychotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Practice: Counselling Supervision
- Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy: Bath Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Mindfulness and Individual Therapy: Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University
- Mindfulness Teacher Development Level 1: Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University
- Certificate in Grief and Loss: Cruse Bereavement Care
I work full time within my private practice, with therapy rooms based in Salisbury and Newbury. Previously, I worked for 12 years as a senior counsellor and supervisor at the University of Winchester and as a bereavement counsellor for Cruse. I work with both adults and young people and offer short term counselling and open ended psychotherapy.